• Size: Approx. .5" at the widest x 2.5" long x 3" Drop from Ear
• Materials: Tagua, Vegetable Dyes, Ear Wires are Hypoallergenic, lead free, and nickel free
• Color: Ivory, Black
• Origin: Ecuador, South America
• Handmade: earrings will vary slightly in shape due to the one of a kind handmade nature
• Packaging: Story Card and Jewelry Gift Box Included
Tagua (pronounced TAG-WAH) is a seed from a palm-like tree that grows in the tropical rainforests of Ecuador, Colombia, and Brazil. Also known as the "vegetable ivory" because of its rich ivory color and shiny texture, Tagua discourages the use of actual ivory in jewelry production. Tagua is a versatile material that has the innate ability to absorb color brightly. Because the Tagua seeds are harvested in a way that allows the tree to continue to reproduce undisturbed, the production of Tagua jewelry helps to preserve vital natural rainforest land and habitat. Purchasing Tagua not only preserves natural rainforest land and discourages the harming of elephants for Ivory, it also helps to preserve a natural and economic way of life for the artisans. Because Tagua is a natural material, sizes, shapes and colors will vary, giving each piece a unique, one-of-a-kind quality.