• Size: 28-30" Long Adjustable, Tagua Piece Approx Range 1" x 1 1/2" w x 1 1/2 - 1/3/4" High
• Materials: Tagua, Suede Cord, TOL design is diecut through tagua
• Color: Soft Tangerine, Brown, Black Cord
• Origin: Columbia, South America
• Handmade: each necklace will vary slightly due to the one of a kind handmade nature
• Packaging: Two Story Cards (Tagua & Tree of Life) and Jewelry Gift Box Included
Tree of Life
The concept of a tree of life has been used in science, religion, philosophy, and mythology. It is a common motif in various world theologies, mythologies, and philosophies. There are various "tree of life” meanings and symbolism that are recounted in folklore, culture and fiction, throughout many cultures dating back to ancient times. The overarching themes and meanings of the "Tree of Life" that span across many peoples, most common listed: foundation, strength, life, healing, roots, knowledge, creation, connection to spirits and ancestors, rebirth, positive energy, good health, immortality, growth and strength, personal growth, interconnectedness.
Tagua (pronounced TAG-WAH) is a seed from a palm-like tree that grows in the tropical rainforests of Ecuador, Colombia, and Brazil. Also known as the "vegetable ivory" because of its rich ivory color and shiny texture, Tagua discourages the use of actual ivory in jewelry production. Tagua is a versatile material that has the innate ability to absorb color brightly. Because the Tagua seeds are harvested in a way that allows the tree to continue to reproduce undisturbed, the production of Tagua jewelry helps to preserve vital natural rainforest land and habitat. Purchasing Tagua not only preserves natural rainforest land and discourages the harming of elephants for Ivory, it also helps to preserve a natural and economic way of life for the artisans. Because Tagua is a natural material, sizes, shapes and colors will vary, giving each piece a unique, one-of-a-kind quality.