Veve's are symbols of the spirits in Haiti. Erzulie Dantor hardworking woman with tough country ways. She is fiercely independent. She is the goddess of romance and passion. Despite her wild nature, she is seen as very maternal; Erzulie Dantor is the protector of children and women.
• Size: approx. 7" wide x 6.5" high x .5" deep
• Material: Recycled Steel Metal Drum
• Care: Outdoors spray with a clear lacquer to protect color, or let it naturally patina with rust over time
• Origin: Haiti
• Variation: Each is handmade and may vary slightly
• Packaging: Story Card, Not Gift Boxed Due to Size
Haitian Oil Drum Art
Steel oil drum art from Haiti can be beautiful, whimsical, religious and highly decorative. It's made of recycled material. The Haitian artist begins with a 55 gallon steel oil barrel which they split open and flatten out as a large a sheet of canvas. The artist first sketches out the design with chalk then cuts the steel using only a hammer and a nail. The round sculptures are made from the lid or bottom of a 55 gallon barrel. Each sculpture is signed by the artist. For outdoor use the varnish will wear away over time and the sculpture will begin to rust naturally or you can maintain the original look by spraying it with a clear enamel every couple of years~ Natural color variations from dark silver to brown rustic tones.