DOVE Milagro Notecard
Peace, Grace, Divinity, Purity, Devotion
• square 4.75 x 4.75 folded, blank inside includes envelope
• sealed in plastic holder
• milagro charm from Mexico easily removed to be used
• actual Milagro charm may vary from shown
• soft white deckle-edged paper crafted in Italy by the fabriano mill
• designed by SymbolMinded/Marie Flaherty for Native/Satuit Trading Co.
• shipped in a stiff cardboard envelope
• copyright @symbolminded/Marie Flaherty
TEXT ON BACK OF CARD:
Milagros, or tiny miracles, are small religious charms that have been used in Mexico and other areas of Latin America for hundreds of years to petition saints for guidance, help and protection. They are also used in Europe, where they are often referred to as Exvotos (Offerings).
Milagros can represent specific objects, people, body parts, animals. Milagros derive their meanings in several ways. They each have a literal and a symbolic meaning. For instance, an eye milagro might mean protection and health of the eyes or to grant insight and focus. Milagros also gain meaning through the users intentions. Your thoughts, your hopes and desires attach themselves to the milagro, making it a tool for your intention to be carried in.
These charms are used many ways. They are pinned to altars and statues of saints, or carried in order to cure a physical ailment, ward off evil, or bring about a change of fortune. Milagro are used outside of the traditional religious realm in art, jewelry, craft projects and healing treatments.
This image is copywritten and may not be used or duplicated without permission by Satuit Trading Company and Marie Flaherty. Reproduction rights remain with Satuit Trading Company.